Sunday, March 13, 2022

Birds of a Feather

“Ladies, I’ve been in my pajamas all weekend. What did I miss?” was my late afternoon text to my neighbors who are fellow gardeners. 

The three of us are sharing the first of several leaf mulch piles, along with our love of gardening, a bit more intensely these tender days. Kate and I realize that Lisa is at sea since the death of her beloved, from cancer, in early February. Our hope is to ground her with a series of garden-related activities and regular check-ins this Spring. 

Turns out I missed snow, cold and binge watching The Last Kingdom, on Lisa’s end. The Good Fight, when not falling asleep by 9:00pm in a toddler’s bed, has been Kate’s recent routine. Here’s hoping that the longer daylight hours will find us flocking to the mulch pile once again very soon.

2 comments:

  1. “these tender days”

    That phrase captured a lot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you three many joyful, sunny hours in your gardens. Digging through mulch in the early spring does wonder for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...