Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Revolving Door Day

“May I go to the bathroom,” said the student, five minutes into Civics 7 today.

“If you go to the bathroom now, you’ll miss my class,” Mr. Moore pointed out. It’s true. He was not being hyperbolic. Classes today are literally 20 minutes each because it’s an Anchor Day schedule on an Early Closing Wednesday.

As the only EL Resource Teacher for my school, I span all three grade levels in the course of one Anchor Day. I’m flying around school, hither and yon, at breakneck speed, on days like this. Sometimes I forget where I’m going, or where I’ve been.

Round and round I go. Where I stop…



1 comment:

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...