Sunday, March 13, 2022

Pajama Days

Last Saturday I missed writing from sheer busy-ness. Yesterday I missed writing from sheer lazy-ness. Oh well. Maybe this March I am just taking Saturdays off. So be it. Everyone needs a reprieve now and then, a Pajama Day. Yesterday was mine. (Though somehow, it has bled into today.)

Pajama Days are essential to my overall well-being and occur about once a month. Sometimes twice a month during the winter. Laundry and household chores can still happen during pajama days, but leaving the house is obviously not part of the Pajama Day plan. Hunkering down like this is how I renew myself, even though I may appear to people in my public life as more of an extrovert. But the truth is, I am not. Not anymore.

My self-appointed days of leisure wear still involve a certain amount of purposeful activity: Chinese Eggplant seeds, started. Last of Spring seeds, in the queue. Cat litter, changed. Socks and cotton t-shirt restock for the menfolk, ordered. Daughter's bedroom, restored to order before her departure (mostly, and by her). 

The sunlight now beckons, and temperatures have rebounded. So I think it may finally be time to don actual clothing.

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday was the perfect weather for a Pajama Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clothing is totally overrated. It's essential we give ourselves permission to wear our pajamas all day long at least once a month. When you wrote, "The Sunlight now beckons . . ." I too was compelled to reconsider my attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great occasional rejuvenation plan! Glad you had a good day yesterday. Enjoy today's nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a pajama day post, too, and heard from a lot of educators that they have regular pajama days on weekends. I think it is just one less decision to tackle in the morning, and a lot can get done without having to change! Enjoy your quiet time indoors!

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...