Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Leap of Faith

A precipice, to me, is a scarier place than the base of a mountain, perhaps because of my abject fear of heights, in contrast to my enjoyment of hiking. This past year of teaching has been a journey leading me from one precipice to another. I have not been alone in this journey, but the journey has been lonely at times.

Today we return to the school building, a huge leap of faith in our employer’s promise to keep us all safe. 

Will there be HEPA filters waiting for us in each and every room? 

Will mask-wearing and distancing be enforced among those who are reluctant? 

Can we truly teach in-person students as we concurrently teach students who remain virtual learners? 

Will such a stilted environment be more alienating than working from home? 

These are some of the questions on my mind as we head back into the building today.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Enid. Let's remember to take deep breaths and find time to get outside. I think that garden will be more necessary than ever!

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...