Monday, March 1, 2021

No Margin for Error

For the first time since APS rolled out the Qualtrics daily check-in system for staff several weeks ago, my finger slipped (or was it my brain?) and I inadvertently answered “yes” to one of the questions. 

There is no going back and changing answers. I didn’t even sign the pledge or submit the form. But I still got the big red “NO” symbol. 

How can this system be so unforgiving as to not allow edits?

Today is the Qualtrics rollout for students, which includes my teenage son. Were I to accidentally strand him at home one Tuesday or Wednesday, he too might be unforgiving. He is desperate to regain the independence that he had developed during his first year of high school. Being turned away at the schoolhouse door because of a Mom error would be humiliating for him.

Maybe it’s a good thing I’m exploring the margin of error on my own survey this morning, with an email in to Mr. Jarosz, our on-site safety guru.



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, one little finger slip is all it takes, you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early morning dexterity, just another of the full service offerings we must provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinny says to submit, regardless, at which point there is an email address where you can report that your response was in error.

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...