Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Field of Dreams

It’s barely March and I’ve already been out to Merrifield Garden Center twice this month, or rather twice this week. I’m definitely pushing the season. 

Sun and shade perennials are still hiding inside billowing, rectangular circus tents until the threat of frost has safely passed. The old equipment barn is getting a new roof, and other off-season refinements are winding down. Hours have just been extended from 6:00pm until 7:00pm, as late winter days grow longer.

The reason for my first trip was a specific brand of grass seed and some top soil. Ground cover exploration lured me back again today. Ground cover, and the warm, sunny day. Driving west, into the golden glow, on my annual pilgrimage to reclaim Spring, and dream up new planting projects, I reveled in the possibility of it all. 


2 comments:

  1. It's so nice how planting season, and spring in general, puts a fresh "coat of paint" on our world. Happy planting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the westward, into the sun, arc of your journey!

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...