Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Nailed It

Today was my first mani-pedi in over three months. Janet from Mancini de Paris texted me two weeks ago to lure me back, but I decided to wait until the initial rush died down to go in.

Molly went with me. The salon was quiet and warm. Mancini had the front doors swung wide open, but no A/C on. I asked Janet if the A/C was broken, or if he was just trying to save money. (He is a known cheapskate in the industry.) She wasn’t sure. I almost passed out from the product fumes. But it’s nice to have one more self care item ticked off of my list.

I had to marvel, though, at Mancini’s ingenuity in preparing for the reopening. He had hung shower rods and curtains from the ceiling so that every pedicure station was encased in plastic. Plexiglass shielded client from manicurist, and he’d given up his primo hair cutting station in order to spread out the manicure desks. Still, the shabby chic vibe prevailed.

Despite the heat, the lack of ventilation, and the claustrophobic shower curtain cubbies, I was glad for a bit of pampering. It was also good to see Janet again, on an un-busy Tuesday, and to know that she’s doing alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...