Friday, May 22, 2020

R is for Roses

The fragility of roses, and life, was one of the themes of a live-streamed memorial service I followed today. The deceased had cultivated generations of roses, as a hobby. He also cultivated poetry, music and kindness.

I have a love hate relationship with roses. I’m pretty sure it’s because I have not found the right roses for my spaces. The trellis roses were not true climbers, and my so-called easy care Knock-outs have had a fungal infection for a couple of years now. I keep meaning to replace them with Drift Roses, but I suspect that the fungus would remain. So I’m a bit stumped on roses at the moment.

In memory of Jay B Landis, I will endeavor to get it right with roses in the coming year.

Life Lesson: If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...