Thursday, May 21, 2020

Q is for Quarantine

We are now beyond two months into the Great Quarantine of 2020. What I have learned is that there are good days and not so good days, just like in Before Times. It's good to occasionally stop and take stock of how a day or a week is going.

My lows this week:

  • I have not been very productive between my meetings and Canvas Conferences lately.
  • Technology left me very frustrated and demoralized on Tuesday.
  • My window visit with Mom last Saturday felt so inadequate.

My highs this week:

  • I'm finally feeling more adept at Canvas Conferences for student support.
  • Student alpha-biography writing/commenting is more interesting all the time.
  • Mom's Care Plan Zoom Meeting on Tuesday went well, and I got to FaceTime with her afterwards.
  • The Friends of Urban Agriculture helped us get some mulch into the garden.
  • Jose scraped, power washed and repainted our front stoop and railings on Wednesday.
  • Molly's HBW 2020 Graduate sign showed up in our yard on Monday night.
  • Will has finished all of his assignments for the 2019-2020 school year.
  • The new neighbors have moved in and are very happy with their new home.

I guess as long as the highs outweigh the lows I should count myself among the fortunate. Which I do, every single day. 

Life Lesson: Always look on the bright side of life 
(doo-doo 🎡 doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo 🎢🎢...)




1 comment:

  1. Your focus on the positive is just what we need, as well as the little ditty at the end.

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...