Sunday, May 10, 2020

G is for Garden

Today I spent time just enjoying the garden, rather than working in it. I so rarely just stop and enjoy the fruits of my labor. But today I revelled in being home again, after my nine hour venture out into the world yesterday.

Weekends are still distinct from the rest of the week for us. There are chores, like laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning the house. But there is also time to just relax, go on long walks or ride bike. Typically I do garden. The cold snap this weekend has us in a holding pattern at the school garden for a few days, and here I’m pretty much on pace.

Today was Mother’s Day and Homecoming all wrapped into one.

Life Lesson: Make time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...