Today I spent time just enjoying the garden, rather than working in it. I so rarely just stop and enjoy the fruits of my labor. But today I revelled in being home again, after my nine hour venture out into the world yesterday.
Weekends are still distinct from the rest of the week for us. There are chores, like laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning the house. But there is also time to just relax, go on long walks or ride bike. Typically I do garden. The cold snap this weekend has us in a holding pattern at the school garden for a few days, and here I’m pretty much on pace.
Today was Mother’s Day and Homecoming all wrapped into one.
Life Lesson: Make time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Sunday, May 10, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday to Timi
This morning in TA I brought out my nesting birthday baskets. The largest contains reusable stickers with themes of kindness and inclusion, ...
-
What good is a map if you don’t know how to use it? What good are the hands of the clock on the wall if you only know digital time? What...
-
On Sundays during the school year it helps to be around and visible to my family. Besides, it’s laundry day. “Around” can mean stationed at ...
-
This time of year I start to get giddy about my seedlings. I usually start oodles of tomato seeds on our enclosed front porch - at first nex...
No comments:
Post a Comment