Thursday, May 7, 2020

D is for Doorways

Yesterday between IEP meetings I finally put together some specs on the new storm door that we need for our front entry, and I emailed it to my two contacts from a year ago at House of Doors in Alexandria. When both emails bounced back, I tried calling. When there was no answer, I went on line and learned that the place is permanently closed. Great. Back to square one. Except...

I remembered that I still have the ProVia sales pamphlet that I picked up at the showroom last year. So this time I searched for a ProVia dealer in the area, and up came NOVA Exteriors, a platinum award winning installer of ProVia storm doors, only a quick hop down I-395 in the industrial park off of Edsall Road. Easy peasy. So I called, and a guy named Eric walked me through the whole process, which involves me not even having to leave home. Even better!

This dang door situation has been hanging over me for an entire year now. The current Home Depot storm door has been there for twenty years, the last several of which water has been leaking into the particle board interior below the window panes, causing swelling and now rotting. It looks really shoddy, and it's been sitting at the top of my To Do list for far too long. This time around we're going all aluminum and glass, top of the line. A storm door for the ages!

It feels good to finally have something scheduled, and to know that by the time Memorial Day rolls around that job will be done, the front stoop will be repainted, and we'll be in tip top shape when summer comes a' knocking.

Life Lesson: Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

1 comment:

  1. These days are definitely good for ticking off our to-do lists between meetings, conferences and planning!

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...