Thursday, March 25, 2021

Say What?

This evening while running the remote through its paces, we happened on a great escape into a twenty year old movie called Frequency, with Dennis Quaid. It’s a time travel movie that is not as easy to poke holes in as some that I’ve seen. The whole thing turns on a father-son relationship, and their chance meeting over a ham radio almost thirty years after the father, a fireman, dies in a warehouse fire. 

Apparently we saw this movie in a theater with old friends now living in West Chester, PA when it first came out. How wonderful that I can forget it entirely, and live to enjoy it all over again. I look forward to rediscovering more movies I don’t remember.

Meanwhile, my recall for names and words seems to be worse than usual. This concerns me, but I am also wondering if perhaps seven months of mega-tasking in a medium that over-taxes me continually (technology) could be responsible for the sluggishness of my synapses.

Sometimes in the middle of class I find my mind wandering in ways that are noticeable to my co-teachers.

So yeah... it’s definitely time for Spring Break. Time to decompress, and push the reset button. Time to watch my children reconnect with their Grandma Kathie. Time to take my bike over to Hanes Point and rider a few rounds while Will drives a bucket of balls. Time to set up the hammock, make a fire in the pit, and just enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...