Saturday, March 13, 2021

Keeping Afloat

My writing streak is broken. I fell asleep on the sofa last evening, one episode into Schitts Creek. 

We’re actually bored with the show, halfway through Season 2. The characters, though delightfully quirky, are not evolving at all, and every episode feels like it is building towards something, but by the end (or the next beginning) they are all back where they started. I’m not sure how much more we can take, but we’ve heard that by Season 3 we will be glad we stuck with it.

I can still do the English 6 Hundred Day Challenge, but I’ve effectively started over today. As far as the Month of Slicing goes, I will do what I did last year and post again later today as penance for missing yesterday (and only send one entry to the Two Teachers Writing site).

As far as I’m concerned, this whole daily writing business is about recapturing the joy I’ve always felt in writing, and staying afloat for as long as I’m in the water. When I fall off the board, I’ll climb back on and start paddling again. My purpose is to connect with my surroundings and feel the joy while I’m here.

4 comments:

  1. No shame here! About that joy thing, I'm not feeling it as much this time—too much else commanding my attention. Keep paddling; that joy is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great metaphor in the final paragraph! Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do stick with Schitt's Creek! I hated it when I first started. I loved the idea about writing daily to recapture the joy. I'm just trying to capture it for the first time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed a day this weekend. I agree with your advisors about sticking with Schitt's Creek.

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...