Wednesday, May 20, 2020

O is for Omelet

Fresh eggs are always plentiful around here. Typically we buy them weekly at the Columbia Pike Farmers Market. Since March, however, we've also been receiving midweek deliveries of fresh milk and eggs from South Mountain Creamery. I never tire of eggs, but I do find that I have to change up how I make them throughout the week.

My latest craze is a three-egg omelet that holds me all day long. First, I sauté some onion and red pepper, then I add in a cup or more of fresh spinach until it is wilted. Next I beat and add the eggs, followed by an ounce of grated gueyere. Finally, I add fresh chopped tomato to the top of the omelet once it's on the plate. Along with two clementines, this meal that I often eat around 11:00am is both my breakfast and my lunch.

Eggs are so versatile. Hard boiled, soft boiled, over easy, scrambled. When we get ahead on eggs, Brian makes a classic soufflé. Or Molly starts baking. Hmm....I think I feel some deviled eggs coming on soon....

Life Lesson: Variety is the spice of life.

1 comment:

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...