Sunday, May 17, 2020

L is for Lantana

I've known about Lantana ever since my sister-in-law planted it along the walkway at their first home in Macon, Georgia. But only recently did I realize that the multicolored beauty in my next door neighbor's planter box all last summer was also Lantana. Oh, how I admired it!



A couple of weeks ago when I was at Meadows Farms on a rainy day (the best time to go to nurseries during a pandemic), I saw it! So I texted my neighbor, who goes nowhere except the grocery store right now due to her husband's in-progress chemo treatments, and asked if she'd like me to pick it up for her. She was thrilled, and proceeded to tell me how much the humming birds enjoyed it last summer (which I had not realized).

This summer she'll have the usual three Lantana plants in her planter box, and I will have a single one in my urn just across the fence on the edge of my front bed. We are hoping that the humming birds might stick around even longer with two colorful points of interest so close to each other. Regardless, it's fun to have someone next door who enjoys plants and birds just as much as I do.

Life Lesson: Surround yourself with beauty.

2 comments:

  1. I am fellow fan of Lantana. Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also added a photo to my I is for Iris post. The detail in a Siberian Iris is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...