Monday, April 13, 2020

Goodnight Already

Trouble sleeping? Who, me?

Wrestling with how to reach my caseload students has led me to the conclusion that I need my own Canvas page as a platform for communication. So my goal this week is to launch something by Friday. No small task for my tech-avoidant self.

Insomnia led me to a dreadful place this evening: the Arlington Education Matters (AEM) group Facebook page. Reading through one entire thread containing mostly APS parent responses to our plan to “teach no new content” during fourth quarter made my chest tighten and my blood boil. The originator of the post even suggested that if teachers are too distracted by the life going on around them at home, then perhaps they need to give back part of their paycheck. WTF?!

I really need to not go to that toxic place anymore, even though there is always sane backlash from the more empathic and reasonable people in the group. Perspectives that need to be heard. But are they listening? Sigh.

Sleep finally beckons. I must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...