Thursday, April 9, 2020

Clean House

It's been two weeks and two days since our house was last professionally cleaned. That day we paid Hermalinda double the usual amount and agreed we'd touch base a month later. Every-other-week is our usual pattern.

So today Molly and I tackled the three bathrooms and all of the floors on two levels of the house. She was the driving force in this effort, which pleased me immensely. I threw all of the bathroom floor mats into the washer while she mopped those floors. I used the smaller, wearable vacuum to clean all of the bathroom ceiling fans and furnace intake vents. I also swept the kitchen and mud porch floors. While she vacuumed everywhere else, I cleaned the bathroom fixtures. Then we converged on the family room sofa and did a thorough job of every cushion, both sides, as well as the underbelly where all of the crumbs converge.

Meanwhile, Will carried laundry and collected garbage. He also picked up his room. Tomorrow I will help Will vacuum the basement “Bro Cave”. Brian has promised to tackle the kitchen, his domain, on Saturday. Then we will be up and running for another two weeks.

What a spoiled existence we've lived for the past five years of Hermalinda! While it was nice to know that we can get it done, I for one will be very happy to have her back when it's safe to intermingle again.

2 comments:

  1. We are right there with you— there is something very satisfying about cleaning the house, especially when there isn’t much to prevent you from doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my cleaner, too! We are taking a more piecemeal approach, though: bathrooms today, sweeping tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...