Saturday, March 6, 2021

Me, Myself, and I

Today I pampered myself in a number of ways. 

I slept in, I enjoyed a second cup of coffee before running a couple of quick morning errands, then I visited a favorite escape from a past era of my life for a leisurely afternoon walk before indulging myself with a mani-pedi. I took full advantage of the fact that no one really needed me today. 

Green Spring Gardens is tucked behind the Salvation Army on Little River Turnpike, and can be accessed from Braddock Road. Open year-round, this extensive public garden is an oasis of inspiration and education operated free of charge by Fairfax Park Authority. I first discovered it over a decade ago when my job involved wearing out two active youngsters on a daily basis. They could run free, and I could keep them in sight while also enjoying a stroll among plants.

No one else needed me today, but I sure needed some time with, and for, myself.


3 comments:

  1. Way to take care of yourself! Everyone needs to have a day such as this. I especially love the phrase 'oasis of inspiration'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Spring really is a kind of a hidden treasure! So glad you took time for yourself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...