Thursday, April 30, 2020

Wrapping Up April

As the last of the April showers fall, I sit here reflecting on why I keep writing sixty-one days in.

First I’ll confess that on three separate occasions I either did not write, or neglected to post, which is why I have two entries for April 22nd, 26th and 28th. But I am committed to 100 days, like some of our more stalwart students. I just want to know what it feels like. Beyond that, I don’t know yet.

I think it will be interesting to look back on these several months of quarantine years hence. I’m still hopeful that it will remain a unique time in our history rather than a frequent or ongoing occurrence. But that remains to be seen. For now I will just keep writing, and bid this cool, rainy April farewell. I enjoyed the extra-long bloom time of my tulips, azaleas, and lilacs. Thanks for that. I also appreciate the lush green grass, even if it means weekly mowing.

Now I look ahead to May, when tomatoes begin taking root and showing promise. Vegetable gardens will soon be fully planted, and the steady sun will begin to bake away Covid-19, allowing us all a some cautious freedom. Or so we hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Four Types of Conflict in the School Garden

Man vs. Man Who can fill their wheelbarrow to the brim with wood-chips, first? Has someone over-timed their turn with the wheelbarrow, or th...